United Nations Organisation Notes (General Studies)
In This Post, Let’s Discuss On These Topics – United Nations Organisation Notes, United Nations UPSC PDF, United Nations Vision IAS, United Nations History Notes, United Nations GK Quiz.
For More Questions And Answers & More Educational Materials – I Would Consider You To Please Subscribe Some Of These Channels Now. (Check Them Below)
1. Study24Hours 11 & 12
2. Study24Hours Exam
3. Study24Hours Courses
Also, Check – Union Executive and Legislative Quiz (10 Questions)
[jnews_block_28 first_title=”.” header_filter_category=”14″ number_post=”10″]
United Nations Organisation Notes
The United Nations (UN) is a world organization formed on 24th October 1945. It came into existence after World War II, when the leaders of the world, including American President Roosevelt and British Prime Minister Churchill, decided to create a world organization that would help to ensure peace.
● The original membership of 51 nations has grown to 193 members. The 193rd member being the newly created South Sudan. The United Nations Headquarters is in New York City. The UN also has offices in Nairobi (Kenya), Geneva (Switzerland), and Vienna (Austria).
● The General Assembly is the main place for discussions and policymaking in the United Nations.
● The Security Council has primary responsibility for the maintenance of international peace and security. The Security Council is made up of 15 members.
● There are five permanent members of the Security Council-China, France, Russia, the United Kingdom, and USA and 10 non-permanent members elected for 2 years terms starting on 1st January.
● Economic and Social Council is the principal body for coordination, policy review, policy dialogue, and recommendations on economic, social, and environmental issues. The secretariat comprises the Secretary-General and other staff who carry out day-to-day work of the U.N.
● The International Court of Justice (ICJ), located in The Hague, Netherlands, is the primary judicial organ of the United Nations, established in 1945 by the United Nations Charter, the Court began work in 1946, as the successor to the Permanent Court of International Justice.
● Trygve Lie of Norway (1946-52) was the first Secretary-General of the UN.
● Antonio Guterres is the new SecretaryGeneral of the UN. He succeeds Ban ki-Moon.
United Nations Organisation Notes, United Nations UPSC PDF, United Nations Vision IAS, United Nations History Notes, United Nations GK Quiz.