Hello Friends, Welcome To www.Study24Hours.Com, In This Post You Can Go Through The NCERT Solutions For Who Did Patrick’s Homework (Chapter 1) Of Class 6 From Honeysuckle Book Of English Subject. So, Let’s Find These Topics Below – Who Did Patrick’s Homework, NCERT Solutions Class 6, Class 6 English Chapter 1, Patrick’s Homework NCERT Solutions, Who Did Patrick’s homework answers.
From Question Answers To All The NCERT Solutions, From Exercise Questions To Important Questions Of Chapter 1 (Who Did Patrick’s Homework?). You Can Find All Of Them Below. So, This Chapter Is From Class 6 English Book Called Honeysuckle. To Find Out More Chapters. Kindly, Search In Our Website Or Visit This Link.
Chapter 1 – Who Did Patrick’s Homework? (Class 6) Full Story (Text)
1. PATRICK never did homework. “Too boring,” he said. He played hockey and basketball and Nintendo instead. His teachers told him, “Patrick! Do your homework or you won’t learn a thing.” And it’s true, sometimes he did feel like an ignoramus. But what could he do? He hated homework.
2. Then one day he found his cat playing with a little doll and he grabbed it away. To his surprise, it wasn’t a doll at all, but a man of the tiniest size. He had a little wool shirt with oldfashioned britches and a high tall hat much like a witch’s. He yelled, “Save me! Don’t give me back to that cat. I’ll grant you a wish, I promise you that.”
3. Patrick couldn’t believe how lucky he was! Here was the answer to all of his problems. So he said, “Only if you do all my homework till the end of the semester, that’s 35 days. If you do a good enough job, I could even get A’s.”
4. The little man’s face wrinkled like a dishcloth thrown in the hamper. He kicked his legs and doubled his fists and he grimaced and scowled and pursed his lips, “Oh, am I cursed! But I’ll do it.”
5. And true to his word, that little elf began to do Patrick’s homework. Except there was one glitch. The elf didn’t always know what to do and he needed help. “Help me! Help me!” he’d say. And Patrick would have to help — in whatever way. “I don’t know this word,” the elf squeaked while reading Patrick’s homework. “Get me a dictionary. No, what’s even better, look up the word and sound it out by each letter.”
6. When it came to maths, Patrick was out of luck. “What are times tables?” the elf shrieked. “We elves never need that. And addition and subtraction and division and fractions? Here, sit down beside me, you simply must guide me.” Elves know nothing of human history, to them it’s a mystery. So the little elf, already a shouter, just got louder. “Go to the library, I need books. More and more books. And you can help me read them too.”
7. As a matter of fact, every day in every way that little elf was a nag! Patrick was working harder than ever and was it a drag! He was staying up nights, had never felt so weary, was going to school with his eyes puffed and bleary.
8. Finally, the last day of school arrived and the elf was free to go. As for homework, there was no more, so he quietly and slyly slipped out the back door.
9. Patrick got his A’s; his classmates were amazed; his teachers smiled and were full of praise. And his parents? They wondered what had happened to Patrick. He was now the model kid. Cleaned his room, did his chores, was cheerful, never rude, like he had developed a whole new attitude.
10. You see, in the end, Patrick still thought he’d made that tiny man do all his homework. But I’ll share a secret, just between you and me. It wasn’t the elf; Patrick had done it himself!
NCERT Solutions For Class 6 English Chapter 1 – Who Did Patrick’s Homework Answers!
Answer the following questions. (Refer to that part of the text whose number is given against the question. This applies to the comprehension questions throughout the book.) (Use the paragraph numbers to find out the answers below)
1. What did Patrick think his cat was playing with? What was it really? (2)
Answer – One day he found his cat playing with a little doll and he grabbed it away. To his surprise, it wasn’t a doll at all, but a man of the tiniest size.
2. Why did the little man grant Patrick a wish? (2)
Answer – When Patrick grabbed the tiniest size man from the cat reach. Little Man yelled, “Save me! Don’t give me back to that cat. I’ll grant you a wish, I promise you that.”
3. What was Patrick’s wish? (3)
Answer – Patrick told the little man “Only if you do all my homework till the end of the semester, that’s 35 days. If you do a good enough job, I could even get A’s.”
4. In what subjects did the little man need help, to do Patrick’s homework? (5,6)
Answer – The little man needs help in English, Mathematics & Human History, To do Patrick’s homework.
5. How did Patrick help him? (7)
Answer – Patrick worked really very harder for the first time in his life in order to help him (The little man). He even stayed waken up at night to do the work completely.
6. Who do you think did Patrick’s homework — the little man, or Patrick himself? Give reasons for your answer. (9, 10)
Answer – Patrick himself has done his homework. Because, the little man doesn’t know much about English, Mathematics and Human History. The man himself only asking for help to solve that homework of Patrick. So, To complete the homework completely, Patrick has worked really very very harder and even stayed waken up at nights. So, He himself have done his own homework.
For More Questions & Answers Of All The Chapters Of Class 6 English. Please, Find Theme In Our Website By Searching Them From The Search Option. Enjoy Studying.
Who Did Patrick’s Homework, NCERT Solutions Class 6, Class 6 English Chapter 1, Patrick’s Homework NCERT Solutions, Who Did Patrick’s Homework Answers.